Masters Scholarships in Canada are granted to academically able students by the government or private sector, usually to pursue advanced studies in their field of choice, with the aim of furthering their knowledge and skills. The aim of this article is to provide an overview of Masters Scholarships in Canada and some useful tips on how you can apply and receive these awards.
If you want to study your higher education in Canada, or have a plan to stay and work in Canada. After that Master Degree Scholarships are as simple and short as 1- 2 year degree programs at Canadian universities. The adoption of Fall 2022-23 is open and many Canadian universities are accepting applications. Study Portion provides the latest information on Admissions and scholarships in Canada.
Many Scholarships are announced by EduCanada, the Government of Canada, and other public universities in Canada. Don’t worry, Canada is one of the country which welcomes international students with open arms. Students can study full-time and part-time Master’s Degree programs in Canada. Let’s begin!
Fully Funded Masters Scholarships in Canada 2022
- Sponsor Country: Canada
- Funded By: EduCanada
- Degree Levels: Masters
- Coverage: Fully Funded and Partially Funded
- Deadline: Varies
Financial Benefits of Canada Masters Scholarships
Students will be get following benefits during their education period :
- Travel expenses
- The University will cover costs tuition fee fully or partially.
- Free accommodation in Canada
- Health & sickness insurance
- Money for study, food, & book expenses
- Monthly and annual stipends
List of Canada Scholarships 2022 for International Students
Below is complete list of available universities offering master’s scholarships in Canada for international students in 2022:
- University of Toronto Scholarship
- Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- Queens University Scholarship
- Royal Roads University Scholarship
- IDRC Research Awards
- Concordia University Scholarship
- PEO International Peace Scholarships for women
- University of Calgary Scholarship
- Dalhousie University Scholarship
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
- Study in Canada Scholarships
- University of British Colombia Scholarship
- University of Saskatchewan Scholarships
- Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements Scholarships
- University of Manitoba Scholarship
Following fields are available to study your Masters’s degree program in Canada:
- Business Administration
- Health Sciences
- Information Technology
- Natural and Social Sciences
- Computer Science
IELTS is not compulsory if you want to apply for Masters Scholarships in Canada for all the above listed scholarship programs. Students can submit any of the other language tests that are listed below, which are easy to pass and less expensive:
- DET (Most easy)
How to Apply for Canadian scholarships
In order to apply for the Canada Scholarship for International Students 2022, you have to follow the following mentioned steps:
- First of all Select the Master’s degree program from the University and apply of choice from the given universities.
- Submit all the required documents and check language criteria.
- Upload the documents and submit application fee (if Required)
- Mostly, Applicants just need to apply to the University directly; then they will be automatically considered for the scholarship program if they meet eligibility criteria.
FAQs about Masters Scholarships in Canada
What is a Master’s Scholarship?
A Master’s scholarship is financial aid to support your further studies at a college or university. This grant doesn’t need to be paid back, but you do have to maintain a certain grade point average (GPA) throughout your program in order to keep it. A majority of colleges and universities also require you to provide letters of recommendation and submit an essay as part of their application process.
Types of Masters Scholarships in Canada
Research programs are for students who intend to earn a master’s degree by conducting their own research and writing a thesis on a topic they have chosen. Professional Master’s Programs award an advanced degree (i.e., MBA) that can prepare graduates for high-level executive positions or other specialized careers. This type of program requires completing several concentrated courses and is not based on original research, but rather focuses on teaching students how to apply theoretical knowledge to practical situations.
How to Select the Right Program?
If you’re looking for a master’s degree and you want to maximize your chances of getting scholarships, take note of these two factors when searching for programs: how specific they are and how long they are. General scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated financial need and who have excelled academically. Specific programs tend to have less applicants, which means it’s easier to stand out from among your peers and earn scholarships that help with tuition or living expenses.
Where to Get Help with Applying for Scholarships?
If you are looking for help with applying for Masters Scholarships in Canada, there are many resources available to you. Start by checking out your high school’s guidance office—they can be great sources of information about scholarship opportunities specific to your area and may even offer scholarships themselves. Make sure to ask teachers and guidance counselors if they have connections at local colleges—their networks might prove invaluable as you begin to hunt for a scholarship.
What Happens After You Win a Scholarship?
How to Take Full Advantage of Your Scholarship: While you might be relieved to hear that you won a scholarship, that feeling can quickly dissipate if you don’t know what steps to take after winning. The best way to make sure your scholarship isn’t wasted is by taking full advantage of it. Remember, though—just because you win a scholarship doesn’t mean that it won’t take hard work and dedication on your part.
Tips for Your First Year as a Student
There’s nothing quite like being a first-year student. Not only are you thrust into a new environment full of new faces and different opportunities, but also you have to learn how to manage your time, financial resources, and relationships effectively. You’ll have no shortage of things to keep up with. That said, if you know what to expect going into it, your first year as a student can be far less stressful than you expect it to be. A little preparation can go a long way when it comes to surviving—and thriving—as a student. Here are some tips for getting off on the right foot.
Here are some more scholarships for you:
- Scholarships in Austria without IELTS 2022 – Fully Funded
- Calvary University Scholarships 2022 in USA – Fully Funded
- Latest Scholarships in Norway without IELTS 2022-2023
- Upcoming International Scholarships 2022 – Study Abroad