Applications are open to apply for KAIST Scholarship 2022-23 South Korea. This is an amazing opportunity for International Bachelor, Master’s, and Ph.D. Degree students. KAIST is the 2nd highest University in Korea and 223 in the world. It was established in 1971 as the First National Center. KAIST University offers 300 Scholarships for Masters PhD programs and undergraduate students. This is a fully paid Scholarship in South Korea and will cover all costs. KAIST has 1,039 international students from 90 countries.
If so, you’ll want to apply for the KAIST Scholarship! KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) offers an excellent education in science and technology, with English as the primary language of instruction. Students at KAIST are ranked among the top 1% worldwide by academics, so if you want to maximize your academic potential, this scholarship is the way to go! Find out more about how to apply in this KAIST Scholarship guide.
A comprehensive list of Education Guidelines is available at KAIST with five colleges and seven schools. KAIST is a leading Asian University and is recognized by MIT Asia. There are many South Korean Scholarships for International Student. You can study in South Korea Without IELTS. See Universities in South Korea Without IELTS.
You can submit an English Learning Certificate from Your University. All courses will be held in English at KAIST University. A gateway to expanding your horizons, Improving your knowledge, and studying at a World-class University. You can also apply for Korean Government Scholarships 2022. That’s amazing !! The South Korean government plays a vital role. Full details regarding the KAIST Scholarship 2022-23 are provided.
Description of KAIST Scholarship 2022-23:
- Sponsor Country: South Korea
- Study Level: Bachelor, Masters, PhD
- Sponsor University: Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology
- Total Scholarships: 300+
- Last Date: For Undergraduate–>>27th May 2022 and For Graduate—>>>29th March 2022
There are many Scholarships offered by KAIST. You can apply for any Scholarship while applying to KAIST University. Scholarships are offered below.
- KAIST International Student Scholarship:
- Health Insurance
- Full Scholarship: study release for 4 semester (MS) / 8 semester (PhD)
- Cost of living: 350,000 KRW per month (MS) or 400,000 KRW per month (PhD)
- Additional Stipend can be obtained from research assistants
GKS Scholarship in KAIST:
The KAIST scholarship covers accommodation, admission fees, and tuition fees in full. International students also receive a monthly allowance of approximately USD1,000. The scholarship covers payment for one year of study, and recipients can reapply for an additional year upon completion of their first year at KAIST.
GKS is Korean Scholarship which will covers:
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Living Allowance (KRW 900,000)
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000)
- Full Tuition Fees
- Language Courses
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
- Research Support (KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- Completion Grant
How much scholarship amount?
KAIST scholarships range from 80,000 Korean won to 350,000 Korean won per month. There are two types of funding: Research fund (100,000 KRW) and General fund (80,000 KRW). If you are an international student who can demonstrate financial hardship then a third scholarship is available: Foreign Student Financial Aid (FSFA). The FSFA grant ranges from 40,000 to 100,000 KRW depending on your need.
Here are KAIST Scholarship Types
Available Academic Fields For MS, PhD
Following fields are offered by KAIST University for the Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships, Masters Degree Scholarships and PhD Degree Scholarships.
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
College of Life Science & Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Nuclear & Quantum Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
College of Business
- Business & Technology Management
School of Transdisciplinary Studies
English Test Proficiency Exemption
Applicants who are native to English-speaking countries (Guyana, New Zealand, United States, Ireland, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada) or officially English-speaking countries (e.g. India, i -Pakistan, Ethiopia, Kenya, etc.) EXCLUDED in posting EPT Report. (English Certificate of Learning Required for those who have studied in English-speaking countries.) Called English Language Training Certificate.
Who can apply?
Citizens of Bangladesh, Indonesia, Iran, North Korea, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan and Vietnam are eligible for all South Korean government scholarships. Citizens of any country except those listed above (Bangladesh, Indonesia, Iran North Korea, Mongolia Nepal and Pakistan) are eligible to apply for most South Korean government scholarships. Citizens of China must apply for a specific scholarship that includes a Korean language proficiency test.
Qualifications for the KAIST Bachelors Scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must graduate from high school.
- All international students are encouraged to apply.
- Bilingual applicants are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants with Korean citizenship must have their education outside of Korea.
- The applicant must maintain his or her GPA of 2.7 to 4.3 after the new year.
- International students graduating from high school in Korea.
Qualifications for KAIST Masters, PhD Scholarship is as follows:
- The candidate should not have Korean citizenship.
- Through a master’s degree program, a candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree.
- All international students are encouraged to apply.
- In the doctoral degree program, the candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree / Master’s Degree.
In order to apply for a KAIST scholarship, you will have to go through two stages. First, if you are under 40 years of age, submit an application form with a passport-sized photograph, academic credentials, etc. by June 30th of each year by post or email. Then during interviews held in August and September at one of three locations (in Korea, China and Japan), applicants will be tested on their ability to communicate in English and Korean language ability.
KAIST application deadline:
The deadline to apply for the KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship is May. 27th, 2022 and the KAIST Graduate Scholarship is 29th December 2022.
The application form
Successful applicants will receive a full tuition scholarship. All tuition fees are waived (estimated at US$37,500 per year) and all students admitted to one of our undergraduate or graduate programs automatically become eligible for a generous government allowance of approximately US$1,440 per month. You do not need to request additional funds from KAIST. We only require a non-refundable deposit of US$100 to confirm your application and give you time to complete financial requirements in your home country.
How to apply
Application Process Online For Both Courses.
- To, Apply for the KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship (Click Here).
- Applying for KAIST Masters and Ph.D. (Click Here)
More Scholarships Opportunities:
- British University of Nottingham Scholarships Without IELTS 2022
- Polish Government Scholarships 2022 – Funded
- University of Stirling Scholarships in United Kingdom 2022
- Scholarships in Germany For International Students 2022