Bank Negara Malaysia is now accepting applications for the Scholarship Bank Negara 2023. This scholarship is open to SPM/STPM leavers and diploma/degree holders who wish to pursue studies in economics, banking, accounting, finance, actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, and information technology. Application deadline is 15 March 2023. For more information and to apply, please visit the Bank Negara Malaysia website.
Bank Negara Malaysia Scholarships are awarded to outstanding Malaysian students in recognition of their excellent academic results. The scholarships are tenable for studies at selected local and overseas universities.
The objective of the Bank Negara Malaysia Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to talented and deserving students in order to develop their potential to the fullest, so that they can contribute towards nation building.
About Scholarship Bank Negara 2023/24:
- Country: Malaysia
- Institute: Different Universties
- Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Opened.
#1 Kijang Scholarship 2022
The Kijang Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship offered by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) for outstanding Malaysian students. It is worth up to RM20,000 per year for studies at selected local universities, and covers tuition fees, accommodation, books and other study-related expenses.
- To be eligible for the Kijang Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be Malaysian citizens
- Be aged between 18 and 25 years old
- Possess excellent academic results with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent in the Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM), A-Levels, Matriculation Certificate/Unified Examination Certificate (UEC), or equivalent qualifications
- Not be holding any other form of financial aid or sponsorship
#2 Undergraduate Scholarship 2022
The Bank Negara Malaysia Scholarships is open to Malaysian citizens who have achieved excellent results in their Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent examinations. The scholarships are awarded to pursue full-time undergraduate studies at public and private universities in Malaysia.
The objective of the Bank Negara Malaysia Scholarships is to develop well-rounded individuals with good academic standing who will contribute towards the nation’s economic development.
- Malaysian citizen aged 18 years and above
- Achieved excellent results in SPM or equivalent examinations with a minimum score of 8As in relevant subjects OR minimum CGPA of 3.67 in STPM OR minimum CGPA of 3.5 in Matriculation/Foundation Studies/Pre-University Programme OR minimum CGPA of 4.0 in Diploma Programme/American Degree Programme OR other equivalent qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government;
- NOT currently pursuing any tertiary education and NOT working full time; and
- Possess good leadership qualities, co-curricular involvement and active participation in community service projects.
- Complete the online application form at https://www.bnm.gov.my/careers/scholarships
- Submit the required documents as listed on the website
- Await selection results
Scholarship Bank Negara Requirements:
In order to be eligible for the Bank Negara Malaysia Scholarships, candidates must:
- Be Malaysian citizens
- Be aged between 18 and 25 years old
- Possess excellent academic results with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 or equivalent
- Be active in co-curricular activities and possess strong leadership qualities
- Be able to communicate effectively in Bahasa Malaysia and English
- Have a good health record
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo an interview before a final decision is made.
What are the benefits of the Bank Negara Malaysia Scholarships?
The Bank Negara Scholarships are awarded to outstanding students who wish to pursue a career in the financial sector.
- The scholarships are tenable for studies at recognised local or foreign institutions of higher learning in programmes leading to Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degrees in economics, finance, accounting, banking, actuarial science, risk management and other related disciplines.
- Successful candidates will receive full financial support for their studies including tuition fees, monthly allowance, airfare (for international programmes) and other approved expenses.
- In addition, they will be bonded to serve the Bank upon graduation for a period equivalent to the duration of their scholarship.
The Bank is committed to developing a pool of highly skilled and knowledgeable professionals who can contribute towards the growth and development of the Malaysian economy. The scholarship programme is one of the initiatives under this commitment.
Bank Negara Scholarship monthly allowance
The Bank Negara Malaysia Scholarship offers a monthly allowance of RM1,400 for recipients pursuing their studies locally, and RM2,000 for those studying abroad. The scholarship is tenable for the duration of the recipient’s studies, and is renewable annually subject to satisfactory academic performance.
How to apply for the Bank Negara Scholarship?
The Scholarship Bank Negara is open to Malaysian citizens who have obtained excellent results in their Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM), STPM, Matriculation, Foundation Studies or equivalent qualifications.
To apply for the scholarship, candidates must first complete and submit an online application form at the Bank Negara Malaysia website. After submitting the form, candidates will be required to upload their academic transcripts as well as a recent passport-sized photograph.
Candidates who are shortlisted for the scholarship will then be notified via email and will be required to attend an interview at the Bank Negara Malaysia headquarters in Kuala Lumpur. Upon successful completion of the interview, candidates will be awarded the scholarship.
We hope that this article has given you a complete overview of the Scholarship Bank Negara for 2023. If you meet the eligibility criteria, we encourage you to apply for this scholarship and take advantage of this opportunity to gain financial assistance for your studies. Good luck!
You Can Also Apply For:
- Bishop University Scholarships 2023-24 in Canada
- Loran Scholarship in Canada 2023 | Apply Now
- Fully Funded SMART Scholarship 2023 In USA