The Australia Awards Scholarships 2023-2024 are open to online applications for international students. Australian Prize Awards Long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, especially those in the Indo-Pacific region, to pursue full-time undergraduate or postgraduate studies at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities offered by the Australia Awards Scholarships develop individual skills and knowledge to drive change and contribute to the development of their countries.
Applicants wishing to receive the Australian Awards Scholarship will be required to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia announcing that they will comply with the scholarship conditions.
Scholars are required to leave Australia for at least two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the academic becoming indebted to the full tuition fee.
Eligible Countries to apply for Australia Awards Scholarships:
- Sri Lanka
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Palestinian Territories
Benefits of Australia Awards Scholarships 2023:
The Australia Awards Scholarships are awarded the minimum time required to complete an academic program specified by an Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits usually apply:
- Complete tuition waiver or discount
- Return airline – one refund fee, standard airfare round trip to Australia, via direct route
- Establishment grant — payment only once as a contribution to the cost of accommodation, textbooks, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a two-week contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP) – a compulsory program before the start of formal studies that include information about living and studying in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) during the prize period (for prize holder only) – provided to cover basic medical expenses (excluding pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees – if deemed necessary PCE may be available for training students in the country and / or in Australia
- Additional academic support may be obtained to ensure academic success or to enhance their academic knowledge
Fieldwork (for research awards and Masters in the field of research component where field work is compulsory) may be obtained from qualified research students on a single economic class return flight via a more direct route to their nationality or within Australia.
- Рierre Elliоtt Trudeаu Fоundаtiоn Sсhоlаrshiрs 2022
- Scholarships in Canada Without IELTS 2021 | Fully Funded
- Latest Fulbright Scholarships 2022-2023 | Study In America
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2022-2023
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships:
To qualify for the Australian Awards Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old by 1 February of the first year i.e 2023 of scholarship;
- Become a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and stay and apply for a scholarship for their country of citizenship;
- Do not be an Australian citizen, hold permanent residence in Australia, or apply for a permanent Australian residence visa;
- You are not married, engaged, or de facto of an acting person, or eligible to be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, at any time during application, election, or merger clauses (note: citizens Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau of New Zealand nationality are eligible but must apply for a student visa [subclass 500]);
- They are not soldiers yet;
- Those who have not received an Australian long-term award unless they have lived outside Australia twice as long as they were in Australia (for example, a previous Australian Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years. Will not be eligible to apply for the Australian Awards Scholarship until live outside Australia for eight years);
- Not guilty or currently under investigation for criminal activities including those relating to Child Protection and the PSEAH;
- Recipients under the Pacific Secondary School Scholarship Program (PSSSP) who completed their Australian high school education in the previous year are eligible to apply for the Australian Long Prize;
Satisfy any particular means established by the Program Area or the applicant’s country of citizenship (eg having worked a certain number of years in the relevant field);
- Be able to meet the admission requirements of the award-winning institution (this may mean that the Program Locations will have to withdraw the award if the recipient is unable to meet the admission requirements of the award.
- To be able to meet all the requirements of the Department of Home Affairs for holding a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw the award offer if the recipient is unable to meet the visa requirements;
- Do not apply for a scholarship for a lower standard of study (for example apply for a Master’s scholarship if you already have a PhD); and applicants must notify the Program Area of any contact or relationship with the employees of the Program Areas (including local staff) or controlling contractors so that the application can be handled properly and transparently.
- Applicants must provide documentation to support their scholarship application including, but not limited to:
- A certified copy of the original formal graduation certificate (i.e. testamur) and, if not in English, a certified translation of these qualifications;
- A certified copy of the original official text / academic document and, if not available in English, a certified copy of the translated text;
- Certified copy of citizenship document (eg passport or national identity document);
- A certified copy of the original birth certificate and, if not in English, a certified translation;
- Scholarship Application Resume summarizing work history and responsibilities (and research experience, if applicable);
Australia Awards Scholarships Documents Requirement:
- Letters of recommendation: at least one report by the education referee and at least one referee’s report (eg project manager).
- Masters degree in research or Ph.D. applicants must submit reports from two academic referees.
- MS syllabus application curriculum article
- Encouraging Handbook on what impact you can make by applying for the Australian Award Scholarships.
- Statement of intent (SOP) explaining the purpose of applying for the Australian Award
Australia Awards Scholarships Application process:
- Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS) (Link provided at the end of this article).
- When you sign up online, you will need to answer some questions to get your qualifications. You will then be given a unique registration number, username and password.
- You do not need to submit your request immediately. You can set the draft application form and update it, along with your supporting documents, until the closing date as per the profile of the relevant participating country.
- Once submitted, your request cannot be modified. We strongly advise online applicants to do well before the closing date. OASIS receives maximum usage on the days leading up to the closing date and applicants may have delays.
Deadline of Australia Awards Scholarship Application Submission:
The closing date for applying for the Australian Award Scholarships 2023 is 31st May 2023.
Click here of you want to visit the official website of the scholarship.
More Scholarships For You:
- Franklin University Scholarships In Switzerland 2023 | Fully Funded
- Duke University Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW
- Radboud University Scholarships For International Students 2023
- Point Park University Scholarships 2023 In USA – APPLY NOW