If you want to study in Germany with a scholarship, read this article. Whereas in this article we will explain in detail what is DAAD Scholarship 2023 is, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
DAAD Scholarship 2023 is full funding for international students. Scholarships are available for postgraduate or Ph.D. study at leading German universities. The monthly fee for the DAAD scholarship is 850 Euros or 1,200 Euros for doctoral graduates.
Vocational training skills networked with international partners play a vital role in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee of a better future with less poverty, more education, and health for all. With these development-focused learning programs, DAAD promotes training professionals from developing and newly industrialized countries.
The scholarship offers foreign graduates from emerging and newly industrialized countries the opportunity to pursue a master’s or master’s degree at a state or recognized German state university, and in exceptional cases the opportunity to obtain a doctoral and university qualification (postgraduate/Ph.D.) in Germany provides.
Summary of DAAD Scholarship
- Study Level: PhD (Masters) / Masters
- Company: DAAD
- Study: Germany
- economics, law
- Agricultural and Forestry Science
- engineering and natural sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- mathematics, natural science
- medicine, health science
- Scholarship Duration: 12 to 36 months depending on the length of the study plan selected.
- DAAD Scholarship Timeline: Based on the study plan selected;
DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD German offers the following benefits:
- Depending on the level of education, the monthly fee is 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral graduates.
- Travel offer, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or any other source of funding
- Pay for health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- One time tuition fee.
- In some cases, scholarship recipients may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rental subsidy.
- Contribution towards tuition fees charged by the University (maximum €500.- per semester).
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2023
To qualify for the DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Language Requirements: English or German.
- For international projects, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit a certificate in English. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other projects, the language of instruction is German. You will usually need to submit a certificate in German. dsh or TestDAF.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year degree) or a master’s degree in the appropriate subject.
- Applicants must have at least two years of professional experience.
- Candidates are expected to be able to demonstrate that their motivation is related to development to accept social responsibility and to initiate and support change in their personal and professional environments following their training/scholarship.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship?
To apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Master and Doctorate in Germany please follow the step-by-step application process:
Can I apply for more than one course under DAAD Scholarship?
You can apply for three courses. If applying for more than one course, please place the course in the DAAD application form (see 7. Selecting a Host University/Institute in Germany) and do not change preferences in the relevant application form!
Documents Required for DAAD Scholarship:
- DAAD application form signed with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample Europas form http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed motivation letter with current date (current job and postgraduate programme, maximum two pages).
Necessary: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you must submit a motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these particular courses and why you chose that priority.
letter of recommendation from your current employer; The letter must contain a letter, signature and official seal and must be current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Employment certificate from employer proving at least two years of relevant work experience (after bachelor’s degree) at the time of application
- Source of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of academic degrees (certified translations if necessary)
- Copies of academic transcripts, included. Quantitative standardization (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are requested to submit an ABS certificate with their application documents.
Note: Some courses may require additional documentation. For detailed information, please refer to the brochures and relevant course descriptions on the respective websites. Completed applications must be submitted in English or German for consideration.
Step-by-Step Application and Selection Process for DAAD Scholarship:
- Choose your preferred course. (You can apply for a maximum of three courses)
Apply to universities that offer those courses.
- You send your completed application (along with the above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection panel nominates potential candidates for the DAAD Scholarship.
- Enrolled candidates will contact DAAD to upload their complete application on DAAD portal. (Link to DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD Email)
- The selection process will be completed and the proposed candidates will be notified accordingly.
- Those documents (as PDF files) must be uploaded to the DAAD portal if you are recommended for a DAAD scholarship, so make sure you have a copy of each document in your application!
To know more about DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany, please visit the official website
We hope the above information will cover most of your questions related to the application process for DAAD Scholarships to study In Germany. We highly recommend you apply for these scholarships to enhance your career in Germany. We tried our best to give comprehensive details about this Scholarship in case you need more information or you have some questions related to this german Scholarship, You Can check the Official website of the DAAD. (Link is given above).
Related Blog Posts: