The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships for 2023 collection of undergrad, master’s, and doctoral programs are open to international students. Students who wish to study for free at German Universities must take advantage of the opportunity to apply for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship.
In 2023, the Heinrich Boll Foundation will be offering its annual scholarships to students from the following countries: Australia, Belgium, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Nigeria, Russia and South Africa. These scholarships are designed to encourage professionals in many different sectors of society to study topics in the fields of science and the humanities that Heinrich Boll Foundation deem important to progress in their respective societies. To be eligible you must be under 35 years old and have completed your higher education. The exact number of scholarships awarded depends on the number of applications received.
The Heinrich Boll Foundation offers scholarships to German and international students each year to support their studies and stay in Germany. The number of Heinrich bursaries awarded this year is 1,200. The Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarships are funded by the DAAD Foundation and the Heinrich Boll Foundation and are awarded to undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students. These are considered one of the best and most prestigious German Scholarship awards in Germany.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation’s Scholarship Program offers young people from all over the world a one-year internship abroad. During their stay, scholars get to know Germany better and become international activists for sustainability, democracy and social progress. Read more about these scholarships below.
- Get Full Ride Scholarships to UK Universities in 2023
- Harvard University Scholarships in 2023 for International Students
About Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2023
- Sponsor Country: Germany
- Sponsor Institute: DAAD
- Course Level: BS,MS and PhD
- Scholarship type: Fully-Funded
- Eligible Nationalities: International Students
- Deadline: September, 2023
Benefits of Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships:
- At the graduation and graduation levels, students who have received their education in Germany and other EU students who have never studied in Germany will be entitled to a monthly stipend of up to 713 USD and 330 USD for tuition fees or family recipient).
- At the medical level, students studying in Germany and EU nations who have never studied in Germany will receive a grant of 1,484 USD. They will receive another $ 110 USD to cover their research expenses. Non-EU students who have not studied in Germany will receive a monthly stipend / grant of 1,319 USD. They will also receive 110 USD per month for their travel expenses.
- Non-EU non-EU students in Germany will receive a monthly stipend of 934 USD per month at their own personal expense. They will also be entitled to other grants, amounts and types of which vary from student to student.
- Temple University Scholarships Without IELTS in 2023
- University of Auckland ADB Scholarship 2023 – Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships:
Eligibility is eligible to apply for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2023; the applicant needs to meet the following basic requirements:
- All applicants must study or enroll in an accredited tertiary institution or state university in Germany.
- Applicants may study any of the study areas but applicants studying those study areas close to the basics will be given special preferences.
- Applicants must be able to present a Level DSH 2 or B2 certificate to prove their knowledge of the German language.
- Master’s level students will be awarded a full-time scholarship for their study programs, but their administration time may be increased by semester. Applicants will be offered a scholarship for two years, although their stay may be extended for a year or a half. Applicants will be required to apply separately for the renewal of the Heinrich scholarship.
You must be a citizen of Germany who is an undergraduate student at a German university or college. You must have been born after December 31, 1996, and before January 1, 2001. That’s important because you need to apply to an undergraduate program.
Heinrich Boll Foundation offers numerous scholarships for applicants between 18 and 35 years of age. The following scholarships are available:
- Project Funding Grants,
- individual Fellowships and more.
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Application Procedure:
Applicants will be required to apply online for a Heinrich Boll Foundation bursary. Applications open about six weeks before the deadline.
The application form is available on the Heinrich Boll Foundation’s official website.
- Complete the application form and attach all required documents for scanned copies in PDF format.
- Submit the correct application form before the deadline.
Prospective students must write a short essay on their reasons for wanting to study at one of Germany’s universities. The essay must be written in German. Only applicants who are fluent enough to communicate in German can apply for these scholarships. If your German is not strong enough, consider a course at Goethe Institut before you apply. For more information about eligibility criteria, please visit Heinrich-Boll-Stiftung .
Also apply for :
- Get Full Ride Scholarships to UK Universities in 2023
- Cambridge University Scholarships For International Students
Documents Required for Heinrich Boll Scholarships Application:
Be sure to prepare the following set of documents for the purposes of applying for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships:
- Heinrich Boll Foundation Application Form (Online) (Link at the end of the article)
- Candidate CV
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s final degree (uploaded translation if the degree is a language other than English or German)
- An article describing the political and social interests of the nominee
- Letter (recommendation) to apply for a specific program, study area, and scholarship
- Draft project proposal framework for candidate (for Ph.D. students only)
- Current transcripts for those students who have already started their degree programs
- Description of the grading system of the previous applicant center if that institution uses a grading system different from that used in Germany.
- Letter of reference from teachers, professors, or lecturers of a former student institution.
- Applicant registration card
- Letter of reference from the organization or institution in which the applicant has demonstrated his or her social values and commitment.
Selection Process & Dates
The selection process for the next year’s scholars will start on January 1st, 2019. If you are interested, please send us your application materials by March 15th, 2019. The scholarship winners will be announced in July 2019. If a winner is not accepted or declines their spot by May 1st, 2023 we will automatically reassign that scholarship to another student who has been deemed as a good fit and meets all requirements by our staff and selection committee members.
Deadline for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship application for 2023:
Heinrich Boll scholarship applications open twice every year
The deadline to apply for the Heinrich Scholarship for the spring session is April 1st, 2023 and the fall session is for September 1st, 2023.
- If you have any questions about Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships Join us on Facebook , Twitter & Instagram and ask your questions