Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards that support outstanding students to study at Oxford University. Established at the will of Cecil Rhodes in 1902, Rhodes is the oldest and probably most respected system in the world.
Fields/levels of study
Depending on the limits, Rhodes Scholars may study for any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
Oxford University in the UK
Number of Scholarships :
A total of 95 Scholarships are provided to international students every academic year
Students from the following can apply for
- Lebanon and Palestine (SJLP)
- United Arab Emirates
- East Africa (Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Burundi)
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland),
- United States
- West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean
- Niger the island of Saint Helena
- Sierra Leone and Togo
For students who are not under existing Rhodes counties, you can apply for Global Rhodes Scholarships.
Scholarship value / inclusion / duration:
Rhodes Scholarship includes:
- All University and College funding
- application fees from the University
- living expenses (£ 15,900 year 2019-20)
- Grant stabilization (£ 225 for 2019-20)
- health insurance
- two economy class flights – round trip to the UK –
- start and end courses at Oxford.
- The basic term of the scholarship is two years, always dependent, and always, on satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.
- University of Twente Scholarship 2022- Apply Now
- Royal Thai Government Scholarship 2022 – Funded
- Scholarships in Turkey Without IELTS 2022 (Fully Funded)
The following qualifications apply to all Rhodes Scholarships applicants:
• Age: The age limits vary between regions and range from the minimum age of 18 to 28 by 1 October of the selected year. In most states, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please carefully review the specific age requirements for your area before applying. Winners of the election will arrive in Oxford in October following the selection process. Scholarship may not be postponed.
• Citizenship and residency: Each applicant must meet the requirements for citizenship and residency in the Rhodes area to which he / she is applying. Please check the details carefully for country links.
• Education: All applicants must have acquired academic status and developed sufficiently to ensure graduation by October of the next election. The academic standing must be high enough to ensure that people are accepted at Oxford University, which has very competitive entry requirements and offers hope that Rhodes Scholars will pursue a higher standard of education at Oxford. Each region can specify 1 or equal. Some regions require that an undergraduate degree be obtained from the applicant.
Please check the country-specific eligibility requirements in this link.
All Scholarship applicants must read the Scholarship details on the country-specific page to learn how to apply, the eligibility requirements, and the country-specific deadline.
Rhodes Scholarships applications open in the spring and summer of the previous year, usually 1 June or 1 July. The deadline varies from country to country but from July to October of the year before.
It is important to learn how to apply and visit the official website (link below) for more details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Visit Official Scholarship Website of Rhodes Scholarships: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/the-rhodes-scholarship/