If you’re aiming to study in Maryland, you might want to consider these amazing Scholarship In Maryland because they will provide you with financial support and help you focus on your studies without any additional burden of college costs. Moreover, these scholarships are exclusively for students who wish to pursue their higher education in the state of Maryland, so hurry up and apply now before you miss this opportunity. The application form can be downloaded from the official website of the scholarship authority, so don’t forget to download it and read the instructions before filling out the application form.
University applications don’t always have to be stressful – but they can be if you don’t know what you’re doing. That’s why it’s essential to read through some information about the requirements and application process of any universities that are of interest to you, as well as any scholarships in Maryland 2023 that could be available to you through your school of choice or from external organizations. The more information you have, the less likely it will be that your application will fall through the cracks and the more likely it will be that you can enjoy this exciting time without the stress!
The college application process can be overwhelming, especially when you’re applying to multiple schools and trying to manage a busy schedule. If you’re planning on apply for Maryland Scholarships in the fall, we’ve created this guide to help you through the application process step-by-step. We’ll show you how to fill out the online application, how long it will take and what information you need to provide, and how to submit your application by the deadline!
About scholarships in Maryland 2023
- Scholarship Country: United States
- Scholarship University: Maryland University
- Coverage: Fully Funded/Partial Funded
The scholarship is open to any graduating high school senior who lives in Maryland. The student must be a US citizen or permanent resident, qualified for admission at an accredited post-secondary institution, and intend on pursuing the undergraduate study of any discipline. Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application form;
- One letter of recommendation from an employer or advisor
- One letter of recommendation from an academic instructor;
- Official transcript showing grades for the previous three years in high school or GED scores if the applicant has been out of high school for three years or longer.
1# The FAFSA and Government Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in determining eligibility for federal student aid. A FAFSA consists of two parts, called the FAFSA form and an Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The FAFSA form is usually available on October 1 each year. Students must complete their FAFSAs by December 31 or January 2 if they are eligible for early filing.
2# General Scholarships and Grants for Maryland’s Residents
Scholarships for Maryland residents are available through many different organizations. For example, the Council for Undergraduate Research offers an annual scholarship of $2,500 for students who have conducted undergraduate research. The Council also offers various grants for research-related activities throughout the year. Many scholarships from other sources are offered on a merit or need basis. Qualifying factors may include income level, GPA, race or ethnicity, high school rank in class standing, extracurricular activities, and more.
- The Howard P. Rawlings Guaranteed Access Grant is a need-based scholarship for undergraduate students who are enrolled full-time at an accredited 2-year or 4-year state college. Scholarships are determined by financial need and the total cost of college attendance.
- The Maryland Delegate Scholarship is a need-based Scholarship available to students who can demonstrate the requisite level of financial need. Student must contact their state delegates and petition for the award. The minimum Scholarship amount is $200. Maximum Scholarship can not exceed the total cost of attendance, or $19,000.
- The Howard P. Rawlings Educational Assistance Grant is offering Scholarships to graduating high school seniors and full-time degree undergraduates. This is also need-based grant, and awards are determined by financial need and the total cost of attendance. Funds are limited, and students are encouraged to apply early.
- The Maryland Senatorial Scholarship is offering scholarships to graduating high school seniors and degree-seeking undergraduates. Interested applicants must contact their senator and petition for the award. Scholarship awards are determined by financial need and range from $400 to $9700.
- The Graduate and Professional Scholarship Program is available to graduate-level people pursuing their degrees in law, social work, medicine, or veterinary medicine. Awards are determined by financial need and range from $1000 to $5000 per academic year.
3# Career Specific Grants and Scholarships
The University of Maryland has been providing a great education for students in the region since 1856, with more than 100 undergraduate majors and 200 graduate programs.
With such an expansive program selection, it’s hard not to find something that interests you. But what if you’re worried about paying for school? Don’t worry—there are plenty of scholarships available for students who can prove they deserve it.
- The Workforce Shortage Student Assistance Grant Program is for those students who awant careers in certain high-need fields including child care, social work, teaching, nursing, physical and occupational therapy, and public service. This grant is open to graduating high school seniors, undergraduates, and graduate students.
- The Maryland Dent-Care Loan Assistance Repayment Program is available to licensed dentists practicing within the state. Applicants must have a patient population that consists of at least 30% of Maryland Medical Assistance Program recipients. Eligible dentists can receive up to $23,740 in loan repayments per year for each year of obligated service.
- The Hal and Jo Cohen Graduate Nursing Scholarship is part of Maryland’s Nurse Support Program aiming to increase the number of qualified bedside nurses within the state. Applicants must be working towards a graduate or Doctoral degree in the Science of Nursing at a state college or university.
- The Maryland Loan Assistance Program for Physicians is for primary care physicians in general internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics, and general psychiatry. Applicants must be practicing medicine at a government-funded public clinic or non-profit medical facility. Eligible students can receive up to $25,000 per year in loan repayments for each year of obligated service.
Population Specific Financial Aid
If you are an undergraduate student in the state of Maryland, this scholarship is for you. You get free money for school, all you need to do is apply. Check out these details and see if it is for you. – Scholarship provides up to $5,000 per year ($10,000 total)
- “The Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship is available to the dependent spouses and children of public safety workers who have been killed in the line of duty. Total award amounts may be equal to all tuition and fees, but may not exceed $9,692.”
- “The Maryland Tuition Waiver for Students with Disabilities provides financial assistance to resident college-bound students of Maryland who are receiving SSI or SSDI benefits. Eligible students are exempt from paying tuition at a state community college for up to 12 credit hours per semester.”
- “The Veterans of the Afghanistan and Iraq Conflicts Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to college-bound veterans and their dependents. Applicants must be residents of Maryland and must be enrolled at an eligible state college or university. Award amounts are 50% of total tuition and fees, or $10,280.”
- “The Maryland Tuition Waiver for Foster Care Recipients is available to students under 25 who have aged out of Maryland’s foster care system. Applicants must be enrolled full time at a 2 year or 4 year state college or university. Eligible students are exempt from paying tuition and mandatory fees less any grants or scholarships already received.”
- Scholarships are awarded by population (e.g., children of dairy farmers)
- Multiple scholarships are available based on your major and income level
- Must be enrolled at least part-time with a 2.0 GPA or higher
Wrap Up – Final Thoughts on Applying for Scholarships in Maryland
Regardless of whether you’re applying for a federal or state scholarship, the process is fairly straightforward. Make sure to apply as early as possible, because scholarships are given on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure you follow directions carefully so that your application is completed properly. And if you’re not happy with your initial results, don’t be discouraged—you can always reapply for scholarships in the future.
(NOTE: Following are some more scholarships which we think is beneficial for you, you can apply for these scholarships by their official websites)
AFCEA Washington, DC Chapter Scholarship
AFCEA Washington, DC Chapter is proud to offer the AFCEA Washington, DC Chapter Scholarship of up to $1,500. This scholarship is open to high school seniors and college freshmen who are residents of the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia.
Carson Scholars Fund, Inc.
The scholarships range from $1000-$5000 dollars and are given to high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership qualities in their community, as well as academic achievement.
Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship Program
The Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship Program is designed to assist with the cost of higher education for children of first responders who have been killed or permanently disabled in the line-of-duty. The Scholarship is available for up to four years of college education, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, equipment and room and board where applicable. Awards are based on financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process.
Howard P. Rawlings Educational Assistance Grant
The Howard P. Rawlings Educational Assistance Grant offers scholarships for the pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree in the United States. The award is renewable for up to three years. The award amount varies from year-to-year, but typically ranges from $1,000 to $5,000 per academic year. Applicants must be residents of Maryland who will be attending school full-time (12 credits per semester) as undergraduate or graduate students at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States.
JCS Scholarship for Jewish Students from Single-Parent Homes
The JCS Scholarship for Jewish Students from Single-Parent Homes is now available for the 2020-2021 school year. This scholarship will award up to $10,000 per year (for up to four years) and is open to high school seniors who are Jews, live with their single-parent parent or guardian, and have applied or been accepted into an accredited two or four-year college in the U.S.
Legacy of Life Essay & Video Scholarships
The Legacy of Life Essay & Video Scholarship is for students who are passionate about life after death. The Legacy of Life Essay & Video Scholarship is looking for essays that show how you would like your legacy to continue long after you’re gone. This scholarship award will be granted on an annual basis and the recipient will be chosen based on the quality of their submission.
Letitia B. Carter Scholarship
The Letitia B. Carter Scholarship is offered annually by the Office of Student Financial Aid at Bowie State University. To be eligible, the student must be enrolled full-time in the College of Arts, Humanities, or Social Sciences; be in good academic standing as defined by the university; have demonstrated financial need as determined by submission of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); and have maintained continuous enrollment with no breaks greater than one semester since being awarded first-time undergraduate student status.
More Scholarships For You:
- Georgia State University scholarships 2023 – Apply Now!
- University of Miami Scholarships in USA 2023 | Study in USA
- International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship 2023