Are you an international student looking to study at York University in Toronto, Canada? If so, you’ll be happy to know that York University scholarships are now Open and university is offering multiple scholarship programs for international students. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about these scholarships, including application requirements and deadlines, the types of scholarships available and what they cover, how much funding you can expect to receive and more. Before applying, make sure you read the following list of frequently asked questions.
York University is one of the most prestigious universities in Canada, and with their rich history comes a large variety of scholarships that international students may be eligible to apply for. Here’s how to apply and what you need to know about York University Scholarships if you’re looking to attend this school in the fall of 2023 or 2024.
York University offers over 100 different scholarships for international students to help them pay for their education, whether it’s undergraduate or graduate study at the Toronto or Markham campuses. But what are these scholarships, who’s eligible to apply, and how do you go about winning one? Here’s the lowdown on all of that and more in this guide to York University Scholarships for international students.
About York University scholarships 2023 In Canada:
- Scholarships type: Funded Scholarship
- University: York University, Canada
- Country: Canada
- Coverage: Partial Funded
York University Canada Scholarships 2023:
Yes you can study at York University for free because university offers a lot of scholarships to international students. For some, the application process can be complicated, but this guide should help take some of the edge off. There are three main areas you will need to complete your application: Statement of Interest, Personal Profile, and the Academic Requirements Form. We’ve provided more details on each below.
Types of York Scholarships In Canada:
Following are York university scholarships available to international students:
- York University Automatic Entrance Scholarships
- Avie Bennett Visionary Leadership Scholarship
- chulich Leader Scholarship
- John S. Proctor Entrance Scholarship
- Merit Scholarships
- Alumni Entrance Scholarship
- Honderich Bursary
- Chancellor Bennett Entrance Awards for the Westview Partnership
- Avie Bennett Award
- Awards of Achievement
- York University Renewable Entrance Athletic Scholarship
- Harry Arthurs Alumni Families Entrance Scholarship
- President’s Scholarships
- Chancellor Cory Entrance Scholarship
- Tom Janes Memorial Award
- Various awards
Benefits Of York University Scholarships
Fortunately, York University offers international students a variety of scholarship options.
York is accepting applications from any foreign national wishing to take courses at the school as an undergraduate or graduate student, which means that you don’t need Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status in order to apply.
As a matter of fact, nearly 50% of the university’s community consists of international students from 140 different countries around the world. And because there are so many cultures present on campus every day, it creates a lively and welcoming environment for students coming from all over the world!
Students may be eligible for York scholarships if they meet all of the following criteria:
- A citizen or permanent resident of a country outside of Canada.
- Registered as an undergraduate degree student with York’s Office of the Registrar. -Regularly enrolled in a full-time course load (minimum 24 credits per academic year).
- Good academic standing (good, not probationary) defined as attaining at least 40% by the end of each term, continuing to make acceptable progress towards graduation, and meeting the university’s deadlines for responding to academic standing queries.
- Good conduct, demonstrated through fulfillment of program requirements such as attendance policies and participation in on or off campus activities, including volunteerism or extracurricular pursuits.
How to apply for York University Scholarships?
The first step in applying for a York Scholarship is registering as an applicant. To do this, visit the York Student Financial Aid & Awards website and complete the online registration form. You will need your York ID number or OUAC reference number. If you don’t have one of these, please call us toll-free at 1-800-840-7554 for assistance.
There are many scholarships for international students at York U, but you need to know the different criteria in order to decide which is right for you. If you want more information on other scholarship opportunities, talk with an academic advisor, who can help point you in the right direction.
More Scholarships For You:
- Top 8 MBBS Scholarships for International Students in 2023
- Monash University Research Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- IE University Scholarships For International Students 2023
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship 2022 | Fully Funded