The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students aims to encourage international exchange and scientific cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. The scholarship allows students to complete their Master’s, Ph.D., or post-doctoral degrees in Switzerland. Here, they will be able to take advantage of the excellent education system and gain new skillsets that will help them in their future careers. If you are interested in applying for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship, keep reading. This blog post will provide you with all the information you need to know about the application process, eligibility requirements, and more.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at supporting foreign doctoral students, researchers, and artists who are already highly qualified and whose projects are of particular interest to Switzerland. The scholarships are awarded by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) on behalf of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA).
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are full scholarships. They cover both living and research expenses, including travel costs to and from Switzerland. The scholarship period generally runs from October/November of the year of award to September/October of the following year. Scholarship holders can extend their stay in Switzerland beyond the one-year scholarship period if they so wish, but they will have to cover their own costs after the end of the scholarship period.
Details About Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024:
- Country: Switzerland
- Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
- Deadline: 31 December 2022
Please note that applications for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships must be submitted directly to the embassy or consulate responsible for your country/region of origin or residence.
Swiss Scholarships Benefits
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at promoting international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Selected candidates are awarded a monthly allowance, which covers the costs of living, health insurance, and course-related expenses. In addition, scholars receive a travel allowance to help cover the costs of travel to and from Switzerland.
Types of Swiss Excellence Scholarships 2023
There are four types of Swiss Excellence Scholarships:
- The Scientific Excellence Scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate outstanding scientific potential and have been accepted to study at a Swiss higher education institution.
- The Artistic Excellence Scholarship is awarded to artists who show exceptional talent and have been accepted to study at a Swiss higher education institution.
- The Athletic Excellence Scholarship is awarded to athletes who show exceptional potential and have been accepted to study at a Swiss higher education institution.
- The Business Excellence Scholarship is awarded to businesspeople who demonstrate exceptional entrepreneurial potential and have been accepted to study at a Swiss higher education institution.
Scholarship Selection criteria:
To be eligible for a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be citizens of a country that has diplomatic relations with Switzerland
- Be between 25 and 35 years old
- Have completed a master’s degree or equivalent by the time the scholarship starts
- Have excellent academic results
- Be committed to returning to their home country after completing their studies in Switzerland
- Have little or no professional experience in Switzerland
The selection criteria for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are based on academic excellence, research potential, and commitment to returning to one’s home country. Candidates must have excellent grades from their previous studies and should demonstrate potential for conducting high quality research. Furthermore, they must be committed to returning to their home country after completing their studies in Switzerland.
Eligibility Criteria for Swiss Excellence Scholarships
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are available for foreign students from all countries who demonstrate outstanding academic results.
In order to be eligible for a Swiss Excellence Scholarship, applicants must:
- have an excellent academic record
- be enrolled or about to enroll at a Swiss university or research institute
- be aged 25 or under (at the time of application)
- not already hold a doctoral degree
- be proficient in English or French (depending on the chosen institution)
How to Apply for Switerzland Government Scholarships?
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at supporting foreign students from selected countries with both academic excellence and a demonstrated potential to play a leading role in their home countries after completing their studies.
Each year, the Swiss Confederation awards around 850 scholarships to doctoral, postdoctoral and research students from more than 120 different countries. The Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) is responsible for the selection of scholars.
Interested applicants must first get in touch with the embassy or consulate of Switzerland in their home country to check whether they are eligible to apply. If they meet the requirements, they will be given a login code that will allow them to access the online application form.
In the application form, candidates will be asked to provide personal information, details about their education and professional experience, language proficiency and motivation for applying for the scholarship. They will also be asked to upload various documents, such as CV, transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are intended for foreign students from selected countries with excellent academic records who wish to pursue Ph.D. or post-doctoral research at a Swiss institution.
The deadline for applications is 31 December 2022 the year in which the scholarship will be taken up.
- Applications must be submitted electronically by the deadline.
- Please note that late applications will not be considered.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are prestigious scholarships that are awarded to international students who demonstrate academic excellence and a strong commitment to their chosen field of study. The scholarships cover the cost of tuition, living expenses, and travel expenses for the duration of the student’s studies in Switzerland. recipients of the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are also given the opportunity to intern with a Swiss company or organization during their studies.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are highly competitive and are open to students from all academic disciplines. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be nominated by their home country’s embassy or consulate in Switzerland. The selection process is based on academic merit, letters of recommendation, and the applicant’s personal statement.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for outstanding international students to pursue their studies in Switzerland. The scholarship provides recipients with financial support that covers the cost of tuition, living expenses, and travel expenses. In addition, recipients have the opportunity to intern with a Swiss company or organization during their studies, which provides them with valuable work experience in Switzerland.
More Scholarships For You:
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Hong Kong 2023 | Hong Kong Scholarships
- University Of Windsor Scholarships 2023 For International Students
- Fully Funded Italy Scholarships 2023-2024: Study for free in Italian Universities