Start your study journey in the Netherlands. Good news! The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is currently open. In this article, we will explain more details about this scholarship program, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
Utrecht University is one of the leading research universities in Europe. It is known worldwide for its high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching. As an international student, you will be in good company at Utrecht University. Every year, about 1,500 international students come to the university to take Masters’s courses taught in English.
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship 2022-2023 is a scholarship fully sponsored for the master’s students for all international students. A total of 25 scholars will be selected for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship are available. This scholarship will covers full tuition and provide a £ 11,000 living allowance.
Available Scholarship : 20-25 scholarships will be available from 2022-2023, distributed to all 6 graduate schools. Bursary grants come from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by the University of Utrecht, and student contributions from the University of Utrecht.
- Institution: Utrecht University Netherlands
- Level of Study/ Program: Masters degree
- Program duration: scholarship is given for one to two years depending on the degree program. (The scholarship will be renewed for next year if the student is making excellent satisfactory progress).
- Study in: Netherlands country
- Last date: 31 January 2022
Qualifications for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship
- To qualify for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, a candidate must meet all of the following requirements:
- Required language: English
- You have applied for an international monarchy with the first date of 1 September 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All States of the World except European countries.
- Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for the bursary.
- Be in the top 10% of your graduation class.
- You do not hold a European Union passport and do not qualify for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans. You have completed your high school and/or Bachelor’s degree outside of the Netherlands.
- Ability to comply with the conditions for obtaining a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- Eligibility: Eligible candidates are eligible for a bursary on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and commitment in the proposed field of study;
- Academic quality and postgraduate results, as evidenced by proof of participation in the top 10% of the class, marks, test scores, sample writing, letters of recommendation;
- Quality and appropriateness of the Master’s program motivation book (educational content, cultural communication skills, personal inspiration);
- The application level of the Master program itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Fields and majors under Utrecht Excellence Scholarship
- Global Criminology.
- Social, Health and Organizational Psychology.
- Applied Cognitive Psychology.
- Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology.
- Clinical Psychology.
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioral, Biomedical and Social Sciences.
- Social and health Psychology.
- Ancient, Medieval and Renaissance Studies.
- Comparative Literary Studies.
- Gender Studies.
- Media, Art and Performance Studies.
- Art History.
- Mathematical Sciences.
- Development and Socialization in Childhood and Adolescence.
- Legal Research.
- Social and Health Psychology.
- Sociology and Social Research.
How to apply for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship?
Students are requested to follow the below instructions to apply for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship:
(1). First apply for the Master program; If you do not do this first, your scholarship application will automatically be canceled.
(2). Follow these steps to submit the complete application for the selected Master program:
Check out the entry requirements for this Master program.
Apply on time, preferably before the deadline; see ‘When to apply’ for the selected main program.
Download the main program application instructions.
Go to Studielink and complete the online application.
You will receive an OSIRIS Online Application login email, where you can download the required documents. In OSIRIS Online Application you can also check the status of your application.
Pay the application fee.
(3). After applying for the Master program, you will have the option of applying for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November.
Please note that if the Master program deadline is after the study deadline, you will need to submit your Master Program application before the study deadline to be considered for the scholarship.
(4). After applying for the Master program, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
Sign in with your Osiris username and password.
Click the ‘New App’ link.
Answer the questions of the Utrecht Excellence scholarship and upload the requested documents.
(5). You will need to upload the following document:
Proof that you are part of the top 10% of your graduate class (an official document issued by your university confirming that you are among the top 10% of your graduate class).
(6). Submit your request.
To find out more information about the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, please visit the official website