The Harvard Academy Scholars Program (HASP) offers you the chance to explore new places, meet new people, and discover more about yourself while learning in one of the most exciting cities in the world. This unique cultural exchange program allows you to spend a semester at one of five different universities across the USA – all expenses paid.
Harvard Academy Scholars (HAS) is an elite, merit-based program for international students. HAS recruits candidates who are passionate about making a positive impact on their community, interested in politics and current affairs, and looking to be leaders in every sense of the word. The scholars are placed into leadership positions within Harvard University upon their arrival in August as freshman students. They will live with other HAS participants in 12 suites located on Harvard’s campus; each suite consists of twelve unique individuals from around globe with varying backgrounds and life experiences but with one thing they all have in common—their desire to become future leaders!
You will not only become part of an award-winning scholarship program but also get access to Harvard’s premier learning environment. At Harvard, you’ll learn about topics like leadership and public service, develop your professional skills, and have opportunities to make your voice heard on a local and global level. With more than 6,000 alumni from 96 countries around the world in positions ranging from President to CEO to United Nations Ambassador, our network is as far-reaching as it is impressive. Every day presents new opportunities for growth—and with every step you take forward, we’ll be there with you all along the way.
Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2023 Details
- Host Country: United States
- Hosted By: Harvard University/Academy
- Host Institution: Harvard University
- Coverage: 70,000 annual stipend + other benefits
- Eligibility Criteria: International Students
- Degree Level: PhD and Postdocs
- Deadline: 23 September 2022
But Isn’t it Expensive?
I know what you’re thinking—that it can’t be that simple. After all, Harvard is an Ivy League institution, and America is full of prestigious private schools. So what makes Harvard different? And how can I afford to go? First off, we need to look at where Harvard truly shines: access and opportunity.
Here’s how it works:
- You apply for HASP
- You’re accepted into one of our five partner universities
- You live with a local host family
- You attend lectures, study, and network with your fellow students at your university
How Do I Apply To The Program?
The application process is quite simple and will vary in each country.
- To receive an application, you must register to attend an open house event or an online webinar. When registering for either, you will be prompted to submit your name, phone number, email address and zip code as well as indicate which location(s) in which you are interested in applying.
- You must also provide basic information about yourself including your gender and major or current coursework. After completing registration, you will be presented with information on how to complete your application and upload documents such as essays and transcripts.
- The application period for most countries ends 23 September 2022. for submission to Harvard University’s Admissions Office by 23 September 2022.
When Can I Apply To The Program?
The application deadline for Harvard Academy Scholars Program in USA is 23 September 2022. Also you should be aware that currently, there are no plans to extend it past 2022 due to limited resources. Nevertheless, if you are still determined and would like to apply later on down the road, you can request an extension by contacting your regional scholarship consultant; if approved, you will be notified as soon as possible by email or telephone.
So Why Get Involved?
It’s no secret that youth in America are at risk when it comes to both obesity and diabetes. A third of US kids between 2 and 19 are overweight or obese, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In October 2017, researchers at Harvard University published a report showing that one-third of adults between ages 25 and 79 have prediabetes. The CDC estimates 35.7 million people in America have Type 2 diabetes, which can lead to serious health complications if left untreated. So why should you consider becoming involved with something like Harvard Academy Scholars Program? Because learning about healthy eating habits and physical activity could help you stay healthy for life.
The Harvard Academy Scholars Program (HASP) is an early admission opportunity for gifted high school seniors. HASP is an early admission program which provides an elite, rigorous academic experience at Harvard College and time to explore interests through internships and research projects. To be eligible for HASP, students must be US citizens or permanent residents by May 1 in their senior year and rank in top one percent of class with a GPA over 99th percentile in their grade.
The Deadline to apply for Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2023 in the United States of America is 23 September 2022.
How to apply?
All students have to apply online for the Harvard Academy Scholars program (Link provided below).
You Should Also check Out:
- Soka University Scholarships Japan: How to Apply in 2022
- Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship in UK 2022
- Marcus Oldham College Scholarship 2023 – Applications Open!
- Montreal University Canada Scholarships 2023: How to Apply
- The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2023-24 – Fully Funded